mercoledì 10 marzo 2010

3,000 steps per week!!!

Having a lot of spare time from 9-5, 5 days a week, I can’t help myself not surfing the net. So here we go once again with another recent article on healthy living.
In essence, the article is about a not so new idea/research of having a lifestyle that includes moving our royal behind for at least 1,000 steps (5Km) three times a week, keep our brain always on the run, healthy eating and being outdoor (where there’s no smog preferably).
It’s the best recipe for “ageing without ageing”.
With a simple exercise as walking or running which doesn’t require any particular gear – a part from a good pair of runners for the sake of your feet –that you can do it everywhere (watch the cars!) and at any time of the day; the benefits that your body will receive are countless. Starting from a low blood pressure, the heart works better and healthy bones (no osteoporosis, especially for women) a more balanced immune system and a I could keep going with the list. Oh! And don’t forget your soul! Pushing my body to the edge, listening to it, focusing only at the road and the sound of my feet when I put each of them down makes me FEEL ALIVE.
Some friends of mine say that it’s crazy waking up at 6 o’clock just to go jogging, but I think that eventually we all are gonna leave this world and our body will rest for the eternity. So why wasting the most precious gift we have laying in bed and not trying to do the things we like to make the most of it.
Someone somewhere in the world says ( I can’t find her name):

“Pssh! Here’s a secret...
Your last mortal thought will be: Why did I take so many days – just like today – for granted?”

Think about it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento