martedì 13 aprile 2010

Easter celebrations!

I'd say I owe my hometown (Caltanissetta) a post...

This is her during her most busy time of the year, from Palm Sunday to Easter Monday.

What I like the most is the "Real Maestranza" (Royal Workers), which was established in 1806 and included a parade through the city centre of different ancient work guilds: from miners to bakers and so on.

On Thursday evening there is the "parade" of the Mysteries. Statues that represent Via Crucis and Passion Christ. They are made of wood, papier-mache and plaster. Dated 1881, ordered by the miners of Gessolungo who wanted to thank Christ for saving them from a narrowly escape death.



The City Hall.

And The Plaza (Piazza Garibaldi)

If you want to know more, please visit http://www.settimanasantacaltanissetta.it/giovedi-santo/giovedi.html


I hope you decide to come and visit us one day.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento