domenica 16 maggio 2010

Carlingford: Singles Day Adventure...our way!

I have to say that the recent hikes I have been on in the past few months are the ones I have enjoyed the most. I don’t know if this is because I’m more into the outdoors activities now or because I’m more fit or just I simply enjoy everything that comes from Mother Nature. I’d also add that I see the life that surrounds me through different lenses.

Before, I looked but I didn’t see. Now I do.


















With my adventurous sometimes crazy friends from the Challenge Hikers group, I spent a beautiful Sunday hiking in the Carlingford Mountains.



















The highest peak of this ridge of mountains is Slieve Foy (Irish: Sliabh Feá), which rises to an altitude of 588 m. The chain of mountains of which it is a part rises at The Foxes Rock (404m), and runs for roughly 6km in a south easterly direction, culminating in Slieve Foy itself.


















At the foot of Slieve Foy there is the pretty three-street medieval village town of Carlingford (Cairlinn). From the top of it instead you can enjoy the view of Carlingford Lough and on a clear day (as we had) the Mourne Mountains. Now that few of us I have discovered the world of climbing, as soon as we spot the chance to try our skills, push ourselves to the limit and mostly have that feeling back of being a child(wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!), we certainly don't miss it.

Now that I look my picture on the left, I try to figure out how I'm still here writing this post. Look at me just on tiptoe! Well at least I look confident...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento